Not even stress can be laid upon the importance of a good night’s sleep – a minimum of 8 hours is what the human body needs in order to be able to cope up with today’s fast paced world. While some of us have, luckily, no problem falling and staying asleep the entire night, a few others do face “sleep issues” from finding it difficult to drift into blissful slumber to waking up several times in the middle of the night. Today, you can choose from a variety of great mattresses from some of the best mattress brands in India.
Here are 5 simple things that you can do to ensure you get the perfect night’s sleep –
- Invest in a good mattress – Most people don’t understand that high-quality sleep comes from a high-quality, comfortable mattress – one that is firm, yet soft, that promotes air flow, has good elasticity, etc., Today, there are enough and more excellent mattress brands available in the market to help you procure the best mattress for you. Mattress online shopping has become quite popular these days.
- Put away e-devices – Be it your phone, laptop, tablet or the TV, make sure to turn off/avoid using all electronic devices at least 45 mins prior to sleeping. The blue light emitted from these devices contributes to disturbed sleep and makes it more difficult to fall asleep faster. Also, checking your phone before sleep wakes up the mind and creates distractions subconsciously making it harder to fall asleep.
- Dim the lights – Dim down the lighting in your bedroom at least an hour before turning in. Bright lights will not help you drift into sleep mode any sooner but dim lighting will alert your mind that it’s time to get ready for bed. Switch off all the main lights and have a low watt or voltage lampshade on till you go to bed. The Sleep Company has some of the best mattresses in India made from unique, patented SmartGRID technology.
- Meditate – Doing a mere 10 minutes of simple meditation and breathing can do wonders for your sleep and give you high-quality sleep. Today, there are many apps available such as Headspace and Simple Habit which you can download onto your smartphone and use for free. After a long and hectic day, the mind needs to unwind a bit before allowing you to fall into blissful slumber and meditating is one of the best ways to accomplish that.
- Calming teas – Herbal sleep teas that contain chamomile or lavender can also help you fall asleep faster as they have relaxing properties that help calm that busy mind of yours. There are several varieties and brands available online or at herbal shops which you can try out and see which one suits you best to help you get the perfect night’s sleep.
To buy a good quality mattress online, visit https://thesleepcompany.in/ and choose from a variety of products. We have some of the top mattresses in India today.
(Visited 12 times, 1 visits today)