You might have tried all the tips and tricks to get a good night’s sleep. Amidst the chaos of life, you forget to rest enough to give yourself a dose of energy and refreshment.
Many factors contribute to your sound sleep associated with your good health. Many of you find it challenging to fall asleep for hours, and some studies say that more than one-third of Indians tend to suffer difficulty in sleeping occasionally. A good mattress can help you immensely with good night’s sleep. You can get a mattress online if your current one is not supporting your body evenly.
If you have insomnia and experiencing wakeful nights, embrace yogasana to mitigate this problem. Practicing yoga poses to balance your sleeping pattern and subtly imparts magical benefits to your health.
Yoga Poses for a Peaceful Slumber
While easing your body, performing yoga daily keeps you in good health. Here are some of the yoga poses for your uninterrupted sleep:
Halasana (Plow Pose)
Halasana is considered an excellent pose for falling asleep quickly. If you perform it for 1-5 minutes every day, you observe an improvement in your sleeping pattern. Let’s understand the steps to perform Halasana:
• Firstly, lie on your back and feel comfortable. Now, gently move your legs towards your head and touch the flat surface behind you.
• Ensure your hands lie on the floor or stay behind your back for support while performing this asana.
This yoga turns around the blood flow and ignites a spark in your body, calming your mind for a peaceful sleep.
Uttanasana (Standing Forward Bend)
This yoga pose effectively gives you a peaceful slumber and relieves stress or anxiety. However, if you are suffering from glaucoma or sciatica or are pregnant, it may have adverse effects on your health. Here are the steps to perform Uttanasana:
• To perform this pose, stand with your legs 6 inches apart.
• Then, bend your body forward, reaching your chest towards the ground. Also, bend your arms while your palms face the ground.
• You must keep your knees crooked, which helps release tension from the hips and legs.
While helping you get rid of headaches and insomnia, Uttanasana also reduces anxiety levels. When you perform this pose, it compresses your stomach, causing minor difficulty breathing. So, you can sway a bit on either side to inhale and relax. It promotes ease of breathing and a soothing sleep experience.
Prasarita Padottanasana (Wide-legged Standing Forward Bend)
Beneficial for improving the functioning of internal organs, Prasarita Padottanasana improves digestion as well. Are you wondering how to perform this fantastic yoga? Here are the steps listed below:
• Widen your leg enough to keep a 4-5 feet distance with your toes angled inward. Take a breath and move your chest up.
• Exhale the breath and slowly bend your body forwards from your hips while spreading your arms wide and facing the mat with the elbows bent.
• Hold this position for 10-15 breaths; it helps relieve the tension and promotes better sleep.
This pose stretches and relaxes your muscles, giving you a sound sleep at night.
Supta Baddha Konasana (Reclining Butterfly)
Supta Baddha Konasana is slightly different from the basic butterfly pose. It assists your body in diving into the rest mode and feeling relaxed during the discomforting nights. Willing to know how to do this pose? Go through these steps and get supreme comfort:
• Lie on your back and let your body rest properly. Ensure your feet are together while you are lying on the back.
• Gradually, spread out your knees in a diamond shape and the sole of your legs must face each other.
• During this exercise, keep your arms open and on a flat surface.
Mounting stress leads to sleep deprivation, giving your health hazards. Have you often faced difficulty in sleeping due to anxiety? This yoga pose helps relieve your stress. An interrupted night’s sleep makes us feel strained the following day, and this yoga gives you calming nights.
Salabhasana (Locust Pose)
Performing for one minute, the locust pose cuts down on your belly fat, and you can adjust easily to your sleeping positions. This is what you have to do to perform Salabhasana:
• To start, lie on your stomach. You can consider placing a blanket underneath or performing it on a yoga mat for additional comfort. Hold your hands behind your back and hold tightly.
• Keep your head straight with your chin resting on the flat surface. Now, try lifting your arms towards your ears, keeping your elbows bent.
• Raise your arms and chest and inhale. Hold this pose and take 10-15 breaths in this position.
• Coming back to the original pose, release your hands to the mat. Exhale and push your body back to a normal pose.
Salabhasana helps relieve your lower back pain, and you can sleep comfortably at night.
An Alternative for Comforting Slumber – SmartGRID Mattress!
The yoga asanas lower stress levels and relieve tension in your body. Thus, the yoga poses serve as a natural and effective snooze remedy to help you sleep better appropriately. Along with practicing yoga, you can replace your old mattress for additional comfort.
If you buy a SmartGRID mattress online, it imparts significant sleeping benefits to you. These mattresses keep your body evenly supported. The blend of a gel material and the GRID technology gives you intelligent support while offering firm support to your back and spine and gives cushiony comfort to your arms, shoulders, and pelvis.
Are you facing issues in sleeping? Let the SmartGRID mattresses take a hold on this. We have innovated smart mattresses that cater to your individual sleeping needs. If your old mattress is taking a toll on your health, it’s time you bring the SmartGRID mattress home to mitigate body aches and have refreshing mornings.
At The Sleep Company, we endeavour to offer pain-relieving comfort and give you a heavenly sleeping experience. Get your favourite mattress online to get cosy nights.